Inspiration Today:

You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.
-Henry David Thoreau






Friday, July 23, 2010

Best Soup Ever!!!!!


Yay I did it, I did it, I did it HORRAY!!! (for those who cant hear me singing, and don't have kids who love Dora to death, that was a Dora song.

A couple of weeks ago Michael took me to lunch in Fergus at a specialty lunch store. To be honest the only thing I was in the mood for was for some reason their cabbage and carrot soup. I ordered it completely ready to pay even if I didnt like it. I was taking a risk. Well it was a great risk, because the soup was amazing, and it inspired me to copy it. SO I DID!!!

Here is a recipe I found online,

http://www.besthealthmag.ca/recipe/cabbage-and-carrot-soup

Cabbage and Carrot Soup

You can make this carrot soup with crinkly Savoy cabbage, which is also rich in beta carotene.
Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
8 cups shredded green cabbage
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup snipped fresh dill
1/3 cup low-sodium tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Directions

1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or flameproof baking dish over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 7 minutes or until onion is soft. Add carrots and sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Stir in cabbage, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until wilted.
3. Add 2 1/2 cups water, stock, dill, tomato paste, ginger, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until cabbage is very tender. Stir in sour cream just before serving.

Serves 4

So yes I made it tonight, and the soup was amazing. I will just double this batch next time so I have enough for seconds. :)

Enjoy!!

OH AND IT ONLY TOOK ME 30 MINUTES TO MAKE. (prep time takes a bit of time)

No comments:

Post a Comment